Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ah! The weather...


As you read this mornings selection of imperfect truths I will be traveling in the hopes of reuniting with my husband soon. Of course even this is a lesson in patience. The plan was to leave here and return on the same day. That isn't going to work out like I planned.

***I am not being specific because as a military family we are taught (and respect) OPSEC or operational security. I refuse to put my husband and his fellow soldiers at risk because I divulged specific information***

However, here in the great state of Kansas, we are expecting "not your normal snow storm" according to our local weather man. Yippee!! This deployment has been hard enough, at least the homecoming will follow suit! The forecast calls for the storm to roll in and blanket the area in at least 6 inches of snow and likely much more. Plus, for some added fun there might be some ice or sleet involved. 
In order to leave the house for any length of time I had to find someone to let the dog in & out. I packed a battery charger and a 5 gal container of gasoline in case I run off into the snow & get stuck. I suppose I could change a tire if I have to. I need to remember a shovel. The truck has a wench on the front & I have extra water, snacks, blankets, boots, coats, scarves, hats, mittens, toys, books, a cell phone and it's charger, two kids, clothes, and hopefully I remember my sense of humor and sanity! See where I'm going with this? It was supposed to be a simple one day trip...a few hours. It will now be days. AND we're not even sure that the flight will come in as scheduled because if the airport is closed then no flights will land. So - after all this time we get to wait a few more days. 

I don't let you in on all this to garner sympathy. I let you in so that you can see that we each have a struggle. This is mine for now. Soon it will be over and a new challenge begins. I will try to retain some perspective. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own" Matthew 6:34 (NIV) This is what will get me through. How do you deal with stress, overload & general everyday craziness?

In any case, the next time you hear from me I hope to be back in my snuggly (albeit less than perfect) house with my entire family snuggled in & watching a movie or playing a game. I have to let all the stress go. I know we'll be together soon. What's another couple of hours? Well I can't lie, a couple of hours is EVERYTHING at this point. But, I am going to make a last ditch effort at being graceful about it. I'll let you know how that works out for me...

God Bless from my imperfect mess....

No comments:

Post a Comment