Friday, February 22, 2013

It was a snowpocalypse or so they say...

Well, here we are again.

I am going to attempt driving from here to there & hopefully I will come back with a husband (No, not a new one. The one I have suits just fine!) I know that I am tired, I am positive he is tired and still our kids have no idea that he's coming home.  It's been a very long year & while I don't normally wish time away, I will be glad when this is over.

The possible kinks in today plan:

1. Yesterday it snowed nearly 8 inches of snow.
2. After the snow came a period of freezing stuff came down.
3. After that it snowed 3 more inches.
3. I spent an hour trying to bust the ice off the windows/windshield so I could even leave the house.
4. What should be a 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive may take me 4 or 5. I'm prepared to slide off the road.
5. Once we get where we are going, there's no guarantee that he will get where he needs to be.

The thrown together birthday party was a success. The snow didn't hinder those plans & then everyone was able to go out and go sledding. After sledding there was hot chocolate and cookies. By 4:30, we were all pooped! It was quite a day. Now my big girl is 8 years old. Elizabeth is growing into quite an amazing young lady. She is funny, super smart and loves to read. I have no doubt that she'll succeed at whatever she takes on.

It's amazing how fast time goes by when you stand back at look. In a few years, this past year will be a blip on our radar. It seemed monumental to overcome, tough while living through it & I know in hindsight I will see the growth we have somehow managed as a result. Despite it all; we've made it. I know that each of you has a struggle too, let me assure you that you will make it through. If I can do it - you can do it!

Blessedly little Ophelia took two long naps yesterday & life was that much easier on this very tired mama! I am really hoping for pleasant and peaceful travel. I want to take a moment to thank you all for your well wishes, thoughts & prayers for the past few days. It's truly amazing how many wonderful friends we have!

God Bless from my imperfect mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment